Languages & Skills
- I use these tools to build things with Rails, Sinatra, and Node.js.
- I use RSpec and Capybara to test things I build.
- I also use Active Record, Git, Heroku, and CarrierWave.
- Rails app for reading articles in a different language that switches words and phrases into a target language based on your fluency.
- 8-day group project
- Rails app that mimics functionality of Stack Overflow
- 4-day group project
ExperienceDev Bootcamp, June 2013 - Present
- Learned and practiced the fundamentals of computer science, full-stack web development, pair programming, engineering empathy and deploying multiple fully-functional applications.
- Logged over 900 hours of coding in groups, pairs, and individually.
- Spent one-on-one time every week with career programmers receiving feedback and advice on how to become a better developer.
Fidelity Investments, June 2011 - April 2013
- Engaged in conversations with clients regarding economic conditions and various securities markets in order to lead them to a defined investment solution.
- Responsible for executing stock, mutual fund and option trades in client accounts along with processing account distributions, and reviewing portfolios.
EducationDev Bootcamp [June 2013 - Present]
- Intensive 9-week web developer bootcamp
University of Kentucky [August 2007 - May 2011]
- Bachelor of Science in Finance